Thursday, June 3, 2010

gen med



8 weeks of gen med comes to the end now.

very hectic life... stressful...

i was posted in respiratory unit for 8 weeks. i sticked to my team like glue.
my residence for the 8weeks: Dr sherman picardo. he is very nice, helped me check through my case reports, listened to my case presentation, taught me how to do ABG... never angry ... always say "that's good" haha ...
first 3 weeks i had this great 6th year with me. if wasn't him, i'll be sooo blur in the first few days.. really wanna thanks him, he is yang. very clever and nice guy... gave me a lot of private tute, like to teach...
then next 4 weeks was Joseph, another 6th year, he... er... doesn't like to talk ... doesn't really like to smile also... unlike yang... hmm... but he is very nice as well..
my first 3 weeks of reg was dr.sarah young. she talks like bullet train, mouth seldom move aahaha... very hard to get wat she said sometime, always smile! like to teach when she had time... she brought me to other wards to listen to murmur, clerk patient and then present to her...
then last 3 weeks i had dr. babu phillip as my reg. he is another awesome reg. he knows a lot but he speaks very softly that i couldn't hear wat he said and i dunno what he wants.. hahaa... and he likes to EAT! hahaha... he brought us, the whole team to northbridge for dinner...
thanks to the whole team, i like my respi life. although very busy, a lot to read, but it's quite good...


the first thing i learnt in my gen med was how to put on N95 face mask! hahaha ... taught by dr.sarah young. i think she was shocked, when i asked her: "how do u put this on?" hahahaaa....



besides that, i watched 3 bronchoscopies, one of that was done by my residence.

one intercostal tube drainage by my residence and babu.




Another thing i would want to emphasize here:
My new consultant: Dr. W said he hates this product soooooooooooooooooooooooo deeply!! haha... he said it is useless.... doesn't deliver medicine to the lung... Let me introduce u to this Diskus seretide:


No comments: